A downloadable game
PLEASE NOTE: Ports to systems other than Windows (64bit) are sold UNTESTED.
I DO NOT have the means to test these ports, and you are hereby being made aware of this if you're thinking of buying them. Thank you for your co-operation.
Your itch.io purchase of reIterate() comes with a Steam Key (assuming I've set it up properly)!
Spawning from popular YouTube channel, "Let's Talk Game Design", reIterate() is a modern-classic retro-styled 2D precision platformer, with a focus on fluidity and motion, that adheres to some philosophically valid (well, I think so, anyway) game design practices.
Now including Source Project file for Construct 3! See how this shoddy wreck is a minor miracle in actually coming out at all!
"reIterate(), much like the channel that spawned it, is a lesson in game design" - RoseTintedSpectrum
reIterate() is a fast-paced 2D platformer with a focus on precision and fluidity, with a strong contrasting aesthetic and a retro-future soundtrack.
reIterate() has a classic purity that’s all about getting from the beginning to the end, navigating familiar but challenging hazards like spikes, spikes, some spikes, and also, some spikes. They rotate, they spin, they shoot out at you, and sometimes, they just sit there.
Along the way, you’ll master wall-jumping, double-jumping, bouncing, springs, vanishing platforms, moving platforms and even portals as you leap from level to geometric level, moving along, up and down the screen to put in your best possible performance over 60 challenging and varied stages.
Then you can leap into the dedicated Speedrun Mode to really test your abilities and (possibly) become a Twitch sensation with your mad speedrunning skills.
reIterate() is ultimately designed to represent a game from a theoretical retro console that never actually existed. Something old and familiar, yet also a little bit different and strange. And always, always fun to play.
- More than 60 hand-crafted levels, designed with a meticulous philosophy
- Optional collectibles for that extra challenge
- Unlockable backstory segments and fully skippable cutscenes to add lore and depth to the experience
- Dedicated Speedrun Mode
- A much harder Black Edition mode, where every level has been remixed and redesigned to push you to your limits.
- Dedicated 'Time Slow' for accessibility. Stuck on a particular bit? Slow down time to a third of its regular speed, and take your time with the challenge.
- A Jukebox system, putting you in charge of your background music playlist
- Geometric shapes and simple contrast built together into a pleasing aesthetic
- Uncapped framerate for silky smoothness
- And more, probably!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.79 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: